John Harrison Doucet, a 20-year-old Gulfport (MS) resident, is fighting for his life after being electrocuted at the Gulfport Yacht Club in Gulfport, MS.
A lifelong sailor and competitor in the Gulf Yachting Association and member of Gulfport Yacht Club, Doucet was electrocuted Sunday, September 18th while trailering a J/22 at the Gulfport Yacht Club after sailing with his family.
News reports claim the mast’s backstay came in contact with an electrical transmission line after the trailer was released from the hitch. Douchet had his hand on the trailer hitch at the time, suffering third- and fourth-degree burns over 75 percent of his body. (Read more.)