Here’s a tasty, protein rich breakfast recipe that will stick with the crew well into the morning…
– 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
– 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
– 2 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil or canola spray oil
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk and oil. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk until just blended.
Lightly coat a large skillet or griddle with spray oil then heat over medium heat. Working in batches, form each pancake by spooning about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Cook, flipping pancakes once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to plates and serve.
Courtesy of www.wholefoodsmarket.com