An interesting twist on the standard mousse recipe from the archives of Amanda’s Galley Essentials aboard Mahina.
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- 2 packs extra-firm silken tofu (approx. 1½ pounds)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch is best)
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence, dark rum, cherry brandy or orange liqueur
- ¾ cup of pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh berries and wafer rolls
Melt chocolate. Drain tofu and puree until creamy and custard like in texture. Fold in cocoa and puree until blended. Add maple syrup, coconut essence and melted chocolate, and puree until combined and smooth. Season with salt to taste. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Serve with berries and wafer rolls.