For the filling:
- 3 large mangos, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, drained, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons Minute Tapioca (flour or cornstarch can be substituted, but I prefer tapioca)
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the crumb topping:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into small cubes
- Mixing gently to avoid bruising, combine the mango, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, tapioca and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Spoon the filling into a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan.
- To make the crumb topping, stir together the flour, oats, dark brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Blend in butter with your fingertips, fork, or pastry blender until mixture forms pea-size clumps.
- Spoon topping evenly over fruit filling and bake on a middle rack in a preheated 375 degree F oven until fruit is bubbling and the top is nicely browned, about 60 minutes. Let the crumble cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of cookingchanneltv.com.