The Salty Dawg Sailing Association (SDSA) has expanded routes for its Fall Rally to the Caribbean, the largest organized fleet of boats cruising-in-company from the East Coast to the Tropics each year.
For the first time, a departure point in Essex, CT offers advantages for those not planning to cruise through the Chesapeake Bay to the primary starting venue in Hampton VA.
Those who join the Fall Rally will appreciate a wide range of advantages including:
• Fun, friendships, camaraderie…. social events to give you an introduction to like-minded cruisers who will become life-long friends.
• Weather routing services, pre-departure briefings, and daily updates by Chris Parker of Marine Weather Center.
• On-line tracking on the Salty Dawg “Follow the Fleet” web map hosted by OCENS.
• Shoreside coordination and communication by experienced Salty Dawg volunteers.
• A radio net facilitating communication among the boats in the fleet.
• A cruise-in-company support system where veteran participants offer advice and counsel to others.
• The lowest possible entry fee with the greatest possible payback as a result of the support of over 40 sponsors and dozens of experienced cruisers who volunteer their time. Read More